Our Summer Activity Picks!
Jun 20, 2016 abilene,brooklyn,brooklyn events,brooklyn summer,fort tilden,red hook flicks,summer activities,summer events
Summer has begun! And we certainly felt it this weekend. Here is a list of our favorite things to do around Brooklyn during these hot months.
1. The beach of course! Fort Tilden, though we know it’s in Queens yet it’s so close and feels like it’s in Brooklyn. is our favorite. Jacob Riis, which has lots of food, shops and music is right next door so it’s a quick walk over to get something to eat but Fort Tilden is a tad less crowded.
2. Dining al fresco! Abilene in the Carroll Gardens neighborhood has food, drinks, outdoor seating, and board games. What more could you want on a warm summer night?
3. Outdoor movies! Red Hook Flicks is our favorite. It never gets too crowded and the view at Valentino Pier is the best.
4. Celebrate Brooklyn! This free music series at the Prospect Park Bandshell is something we always look forward too. On our radar for this year is the Triplets of Belleville with live musical accompaniment on July 14th and the Celia Cruz Tribute on July 29th.
5. Baseball! If you haven’t been to a Brooklyn Cyclones game in Coney Island you are missing out. It’s cheap, not too crowded with a very chill but fun atmosphere.