Renters, Work This Crazy Market To Your Advantage
Nov 03, 2020 renters
We’ve said it before, but it bears repeating: Renters are in an unusually auspicious position right now in New York City. Like buy-a-lotto-ticket-good. We’re Brooklyn forever but even we can’t help gawking at some of the rent reductions we’re seeing in Manhattan and getting a little 90s nostalgia.
Of course, the caveat is that you still have a job—not a given right now. So while we loved this article from the Times about all the ways renters can use this market to their advantage, we had to share it. For the employed among us, it’s packed with tactical goodness.
But if you’re like many of our friends and loved ones and need some tips for getting by right now, we’ve got you covered:
- Landlord Negotiation Tips For Renters
- How To Negotiate With Your Landlord, the New York Times
- Landlords may develop a rent forgiveness program as city vacancies rise to 12%, reports Real Estate Weekly
- Info For Renters
- COVID-19 and the Brooklyn Real Estate Market: What We’re Seeing
- Renter and Landlord Advice