There is a far better alternative site for the Red Hook Ferry.
* proximity to many more residents and businesses in Red Hook
* serves the whole community
* sheltered water
* easy access for persons with disabilities
* adjacent parking
* easy passenger drop-off
* near bus stop
* adjacent bike path
* adjacent access to Harbor School on Governor’s Island
Unfortunately, the proposed EDC site, at the end of the Beard Street Warehouses or the end of Louis Valentino Park is of little value to most of the Red Hook Community and even less value to those in the southernmost part of the Columbia Waterfront area.
Among the problems of the EDC proposed location:
* It is remote from most of Red Hook’s population, including Public Housing residents
* It is totally exposed to the elements, which can be vary harsh in winter
* It is extremely difficult for persons with disabilities to reach
* It lacks nearby parking or an easy drop-off site
* A ferry at the end of Valentino Park is not feasible for many reasons.
RED HOOK NEEDS A FERRY
that serves all of our Community
We can only accomplish the site change
to Atlantic Basin
with your voices
and that of your neighbors.
Send or EMAIL
your written comments by:
Att: Denise Pisani, Senior Project Manager